•Aim to perform 3 sets of 10-12 reps
• Set the bench on a decline and adjust accordingly
• Load the bar with a weight suitable for 10 controlled reps
• When in position, take a wider grip than on the previous exercise.
• Complete 10-12 slow reps on the decline bench – ensure each press is of the full range of movement, touching the chest just below the nipples and is performed in a controlled manner. Aim to control the negative phase (lowering phase) for around 3 seconds, explode up on the return phase.
• Do not lock out at the top of the rep
• Rest period 60 seconds between sets