These deadlift slippers are purely a nicety for me in the gym; I don’t like deadlifting barefoot as it isn’t hygienic and I hate other peoples’ feet- so I’m sure other gym-goers hate the sight of mine!
Other benefits include:
- Thin-soled: so no added distance to pull the bar as with weightlifting and running shoes.
- Flat-soled: so mimic completing the lift barefoot or in socks.
- Grippy-soled: deadlifting on shiny wood platforms in socks is risky and not a secure platform from which to complete a potentially dangerous lift, and or max. effort!
- Epically stylish (taste dependent!) and comfortable.
- Portable and user-friendly: they take a second to slip on and are very easy to cram in a packed gym bag were space is hard to find sometimes!
- Non-malleable sole: preventing exaggerating existing knee/ankle problems.