Try our absolutely banging COURGETTE FRITTERS! These are a low carb & high protein – perfect as a side dish or for entertaining!
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 4 courgettes
- 6 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 250g feta cheese
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of dried mint
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 140g gram (or plain) flour
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (for frying)
- 1 lime
- Grate the courgettes with either the grating blade in the processor or by hand.
- Spread the little shards out on a tea towel and leave for about 10 minutes to get rid of any excess wetness.
- Put the chopped spring onions in a bowl and crumble in the feta. Stir in the chopped parsley, mint and paprika.
- Add the flour and season well with salt and pepper. Gradually add the beaten egg and mix thoroughly before stirring in the drained, grated courgettes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and drop heaped tablespoons of the mixture into the hot oil, flattening the little cakes down with the back of the spoon as you go.
- Cook for about 2 minutes each side until golden, and then transfer to a couple of waiting plates.
Serve them as snacks, appetizers or a side dish; spritzed with lime juice & garlic sauce as you go. These go great with stews too!
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 280
- Protein: 16g
- Carbs: 7g
- Fat: 20g