Try our delicious and nutritious Cod Chowder recipe today!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 100g sweet potatoes (cubed)
- 200g parsnips (cubed)
- 280g skinless cod fillet
- 500ml semi-skimmed milk
- Handful fresh parsley leaves (finely chopped)
- 6 spring onions, whites and greens separated (both finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 20g mozzarella, grated (optional)
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the potato and parsnips, and boil until almost tender – about 4 mins. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, put the fish in a pan where they will fit snugly but not on top of each other.
- Cover with the milk, add in the parsley stalks and bring the milk to a simmer.
- Cover the pan, turn off the heat and leave to sit in the milk for 5 mins.
- Lift the fish out and break into large chunks. Discard the parsley stalks but keep the milk.
- Put the spring onion whites, milk and flour in a saucepan together. Bring to a simmer, whisking continuously, until the sauce has thickened and become smooth.
- Turn the heat down, add the drained potatoes and parsnips, the lemon zest and half the juice, and cook gently for 5 mins, stirring occasionally. Stir in the spring onion greens, fish and parsley, and taste for seasoning (It will need plenty of pepper, some salt and maybe more lemon juice from the leftover half.
- Divide between two shallow bowls, sprinkle with mozzarella and put in the oven for 3 minutes (180C)
- Serve hot
Nutritional Information (makes 2 servings):
- Calories: 450
- Protein 35g
- Carbs 52g
- Fat 12g