Guest Blogger Sophie Thomas has been kind enough to share another delicious recipe, perfect for batch-baking and snacking on during the week; Coconut Protein Bread.
- 55 grams coconut flour,
- 75 grams ground almonds,
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds (optional– can use 50g sunflower seeds),
- 5 eggs,
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (melted),
- 1 tablespoon water,
- 1 scoop LDNM Whey Protein (flavour of choice).
- Blend all dry ingredients one bowl, and all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
Tip: you might need to sift the coconut flour before as it can get a bit lumpy.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and pour into a loaf pan- any size will do, obviously the size and shape will change how your bread will look- and smooth the top.
- At this point, feel free to add a scoop of plain protein powder for an extra nutrition boost!
- Bake at 180 degrees/gas mark 4 for 30 to 40 minutes- the crust should be hard and strong but not burnt to a crisp!
- Allow the bread to cool before slicing, and enjoy!
Tip: you could also add ingredients such as nuts or lemon rind to change the texture or flavour of your bread depending if you wanted it sweet or savoury.
Macros per serving (serves 10):
- Calories: 94
- Fat: 7g
- Carbs: 2g
- Protein: 5g