Try these delicious and nutritious Chinese-Style Chickpeas today!
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 lime (juiced and zested)
- 1 tbsp. agave or honey
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp. of corn-starch
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (1-inch) knob fresh ginger (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes or crushed red pepper
- 1 small bunch spring onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 spicy red jalapeños or chili pepper
- Cashews, for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Add the chickpeas to the marinade, and stir well to coat.
- Cover the chickpeas, and allow them to marinate for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add the marinated chickpeas and the remaining ingredients for the chickpeas.
- Sauté for about 6 – 8 minutes, until the chickpeas begin to caramelize and brown slightly.
- Remove from the heat, serve hot.
- Calories: 356
- Protein: 10g
- Carbs: 40g
- Fat: 21g