Try our simple, yet delicious, chicken and savoury rice recipe!
This recipe is taken from our female fat loss plan the Bikini Guide, and serves 2! All the recipes in our guides are family friendly; often making multiple servings to include family and friends, or simply to have for lunch the next day!
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 2 handfuls broccoli florets
- 10 baby carrots
- 100g brown rice
- Half a chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Add the rice to a saucepan of boiling water, reducing to a simmer and cook for 15-20 mins.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Place a frying on a medium heat and ass a little oil. When oil is heated cook both breasts for 12-15 minutes- remembering to turn halfway through.
- To another saucepan of boiling water, add the broccoli florets and carrots. Placing a lid on top and then reduce to simmer – cooking to your preferred firmness.
- When cooked throughout, remove the chicken from the pan and then fry the onion and garlic in the remaining juices until they reduce down.
- Drain the rice, add and stir into the onions and garlic. Season with salt, pepper and a tablespoon of olive oil and stir over a low heat for 2-3 minutes – avoid letting any of the rice catch the pan.
- Arrange the chicken, rice and vegetables and serve.
Nutritional Information (serves 2):
- Calories: 400
- Protein: 43g
- Carbs: 35g
- Fats: 10g
Remember to post your meals on Instagram, and use the hashtag #LDNMuscle so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!