It’s getting close to that beautiful time of the year – barbecue season! So to celebrate why not make our equally beautiful Satay Chicken Skewers?
Looking for more recipes like our Satay Chicken Skewers? Well simply hit one of the links below to more of our budget and waistline friendly creations!
Ingredients (12 Satay Chicken Skewers) for 6 Servings:
- 700g chicken breasts
- 5 tbsp. tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tbsp peanut oil (or olive oil)
- 250g jasmine rice
- 150ml satay sauce
- 50ml coconut milk
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Steamed green peas, to serve with rice
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes
- Combine soy sauce, honey, turmeric, garlic and oil in a bowl. Add chicken pieces. Mix to coat well. Thread chicken onto skewers. Spoon over marinade. Cover. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cook rice, following packet directions.
- Place satay sauce and coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Spray skewers with oil. Cook for 6 minutes, turning, or until cooked. Place skewers on plates and drizzle with satay mixture. Serve with rice and green peas.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 290
- Protein: 28g
- Fats: 9g
- Carbs: 20g
Remember to follow us and post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtags #LDNMuscle and #LDNM so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!