Perfect for barbecue season, our chicken kebabs are to die for!
Ingredients (serves 3):
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- Zest and juice of 1 large lime (plus some additional for serving)
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1.5 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 jalapeño (chopped)
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large red onion
- Around 10 Cherry tomatoes
- Salsa, sour cream (or plain yogurt), and guacamole (optional for serving)
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Place in a plastic sandwich bag.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the oil, lime juice and zest, chili powder, cumin, garlic, jalapeno, and salt. Pour over the chicken, seal the bag, the gently “squish” the bag so that the chicken is coated with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- If using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water for 30 mins before cooking
- When ready to cook, heat your grill to medium-high.
- Cut the bell peppers and onion into 3/4-inch chunks, then thread onto skewers with the marinated chicken pieces, alternating the chicken with other vegetables.
- Place the kababs on the grill, cover, and let cook until the chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink, about 6 to 8 minutes, turning the chicken once or twice throughout so that it cooks evenly.
- Remove the chicken kebabs to a serving plate. Serve warm, garnished with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole as desired.
Nutritional Information per Kebab (makes 6 kebabs):
- Calories: 97
- Protein: 11g
- Carbs: 6g
- Fat: 3g