This is a delicious, satisfying and warming winter meal – our Chicken and Chorizo Pasta Bake.
This is perfect for a family meal, or even meal prep. Remember to tag us in your versions of our Chicken and Chorizo Pasta Bake on social media!
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 red pepper
- 400g dried penne pasta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 100 g chorizo (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 100g spinach
- 1 tsp dried thyme – or 3 stalks of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 150g mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. finely grated parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a large pan of water for the pasta, and cook the penne as per the pack instructions.
- In a large frying pan/skillet, heat the oil and add in the onion and red pepper. Cook on a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables start to soften. Add in the chorizo and chicken, and cook for a further 4-5 minutes. Now stir in the garlic, spinach and tomato puree, cook for 1 minute, then stir in the canned tomatoes, thyme, dried chilli flakes and sugar. Bring it to a gentle bubble and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, once cooked, and pour the drained pasta into the arrabiata sauce. Stir together until the pasta is completely coated in the sauce. Stir in the mozzarella, heat for a further minute and then turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle with a little parmesan, freshly ground black pepper. Serve straight from the pan.
Nutritional Information (per Serving):
- Calories: 425
- Protein: 28g
- Carbs: 45g
- Fats: 15g
Remember to follow us and to post your workouts, progress and meals on Instagram, and use the hashtag #LDNM so that we can see your lovely creations, repost them, and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!