Try our delicious Chicken and Chorizo Nachos today; perfect for entertaining and adding some protein to a traditionally low protein snack!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 100g cherry tomatoes (husked, washed and quartered)
- 2 jalapeños peppers (chopped)
- 1 large white onion (diced)
- 6 cloves garlic (unpeeled)
- Handful fresh parsley
- 30g fresh chorizo (removed from skins)
- 120g chicken breast (cut into small pieces)
- 100ml chicken stock
- 200g Tortilla chips
- 50g cheddar of mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 avocado (cut into small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Heat oven to 220C
- Heat oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and cook the tomatoes , 1 jalapeño, the onion, and garlic, shaking the pan occasionally, until tender and slightly charred, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Peel the garlic and remove the seeds from the cooked jalapeño, if desired. Transfer all of the ingredients to a food processor and purée until smooth. Roughly chop half the parsley (including the stems), transfer to the food processor and pulse to combine.
- Wipe out the skillet, add the chorizo and chicken and cook over medium heat, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and wipe out the skillet.
- Return the tomato mixture to the skillet along with the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chips and gently turn to coat in the sauce. Sprinkle the cheese on top; bake until the cheese is bubbling and melted and the chips are starting to crisp,12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pick the remaining parsley leaves and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Very thinly slice the remaining jalapeño and add to the bowl. Add the, avocado, and lime juice and gently toss to combine. Spoon over the finished chilaquiles and top with the crispy chorizo and chicken.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 472
- Protein 20g
- Carbs 37g
- Fat 25g