Try our absolutely smashing Chicken, Chorizo and Prawn Paella recipe for dinner this week.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 6cm piece choriz (cut into small chunks)
- 150g paella rice
- 600ml hot chicken stock
- Pinch of saffron (or turmeric)
- ¼ teaspoon of hot smoked paprika
- 150g raw prawns
- 2 chicken breasts
- 100g green peas
- 75g roasted red peppers – from a jar (chopped)
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large frying pan, then add the onion and sizzle until soft.
- Add the chorizo and fry for a 2 minutes until it starts to give off its oil.
- Add chicken breast and fry for a further 3 minutes, then tip in the rice and stir until all the grains are coated.
- Add the stock, saffron and paprika and stir. Turn down to a low simmer, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes, until the rice is almost tender.
- Stir in the prawns, peppers and another small ladleful of hot stock. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until the prawns are pink and cooked though. Stir in the parsley and serve
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 236
- Protein: 21g
- Carbs: 26g
- Fat: 5g