Try this recipe for delicious Chicken Burgers with Honey Mustard Coleslaw!
Ingredients (makes 4 burgers):
- 1/3 white cabbage
- 1 carrot (peeled)
- 2 tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 chicken breasts
- 50g of flour
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 4 burger buns
- Choice of your fillings: Cucumber, tomato, pickles, onions.
- Mix all coleslaw ingredients and refrigerate.
- Take one chicken fillet and cut in half horizontally into two thin, equal sized fillets. Repeat with the other fillet then place each piece of chicken into a freezer bag and use a rolling pin to pound the chicken flat.
- Season the chicken with a little salt and pepper.
- Put the flour into a bowl and season with 1tsp each of salt and pepper or to taste and mix well.
- Break the eggs into a separate bowl, lightly whisk then dip each chicken piece in the egg draining off any excess before dipping into the flour mixture.
- Heat up oil in a frying pan on a medium to high heat and add in the chicken pieces.
- Fry the chicken on one side for 3 – 4 mins then turn over. Reduce the heat to medium then fry for a further 5 – 8 mins or until then chicken is cooked with no pink in the middle.
- Place 1 chicken pieces onto one half of a burger bun. Add in any filling of your choice and top with coleslaw. Close the burger and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per burger):
- Calories: 330
- Protein: 27g
- Carbs: 41g
- Fat: 7g