Try this warming low carb, high protein, Chicken Broth recipe.
Ingredients (12 servings):
- 1 kg Chicken thighs
- 2 carrots (halved)
- 1 parsnip (halved)
- 1 onion (halved)
- Small piece of celeriac
- 5 whole all-spice berries
- 3 bay leaves
- Fresh parsley
- Sea salt
- Place the chicken in a large pot and cover with 3 liters of cold water.
- Bring water to the boil and reduce the heat. Using a little sifter, skim off the scum that accumulates on the surface of the broth
- Add carrots, parsnip, onion, celeriac, allspice and bay leaves.
- Cover slightly and simmer for 1 1/2 hours on a gentle heat.
- Remove chicken and vegetables, and season the broth with sea salt.
- Serve with shredded chicken and chopped carrots from the broth and fresh parsley.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 185
- Protein: 13g
- Carbs: 1g
- Fat: 14g