I was first introduced to this recipe by a friend at university as a substitute for my pre-bed casein shake. It’s a blend of slow release protein and healthy fats, great for sustained protein release throughout the night.
You eat this meal rather than drink it (as with a protein shake) so feel fuller and more satisfied also. Perfect for someone like me who has a bottomless stomach, and perfect for those on a strict diet as it tastes so good it feels like a ‘cheat meal’.
Of course the other ideal alternative to this is our delicious LDNM Protein Mousse, which only takes 5 mins start to finish to make and no cooking required.
- 4-5 egg whites (120-150ml egg white liquid)
- 35g LDNM Casein
- Whisk with a fork until smooth and combined
- 50-60 seconds full power in microwave
Edges should have begun to rise slightly…
- Add 30g peanut butter
- Add 10g almonds
- Whisk with fork again until evenly mixed texture throughout
- 60-90 seconds full power in microwave
Keep an eye on it as may rise quickly- but may require more time also…
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes
(Tip: Slice into squares and place on another plate or in bowl to aid cooling…)
- Serve and consume 30 minutes before bed.
- Calories: 41g
- Protein: 50g
- Fats: 21g
- Carbs: 5g