Try these delicious treats, our Carrot and Walnut Muffins, from our book Leaner, Fitter, Stronger.
Ingredients (makes 12):
- 300g white spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Pinch table salt
- 100g mild, odourless coconut oil
- 150ml maple syrup, plus extra to drizzle (optional)
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 125g grated carrot (about 1 large carrot peeled)
- 125g grated apple (about 1 apple, peeled)
- 100g walnuts (roughly chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5 and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases (the parchment tulip ones are good for these)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan over gentle heat. Remove from the heat and mix in the maple syrup.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the oil and syrup mixture, beaten eggs, grated carrot and apple, and two-thirds of the walnuts. Mix together with a large spoon until just incorporated – be careful not to overmix or the mixture may be tough.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the muffin cases and sprinkle the remaining walnuts over the tops. Bake in the oven for 22 minutes, until cooked through and golden on top.
Calories and Macros (per muffin):
- Protein: 6g
- Fats: 15g
- Carbs: 30g
Check out our book, Leaner, Fitter, Stronger, here!
Remember to post your meals on Instagram, and use the hashtag #LDNMuscle so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!