This has to be one of our favourite recipes from our book, Leaner, Fitter, Stronger: Burger with Wings & Lemon ‘Mayo’.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 chicken breasts (about 150g each)
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 large wholemeal rolls
- 2 beef tomatoes, thickly sliced
- ½ cos lettuce, leaves ripped in half
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Sweet potato wedges
- 800g sweet potatoes
- 30g coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- Sprinkle flaky sea salt
- 200g Greek yoghurt (2% fat)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6
- Start with the wedges, as they will take the longest to cook. Slice the sweet potatoes into wedges lengthwise, leaving the skins on. Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan, then mix in the paprika. Tip the wedges into a large baking tray and pour over the paprika oil. Mix together so that the wedges are coated all over, then sprinkle with a generous pinch of flaky salt. Bake for 15 minutes, then take them out and turn them all over and return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes until they are crisp on the outside and turning brown.
- Meanwhile, put the chicken breasts between two sheets of cling film and use rolling pin (or a pan!) to bash them to a thickness of about 5mm. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Place two of the chicken fillets into the pan (you could always get another pan going to cook them all at once, rather than cooking them in batches). Cook for 2-3minutes on the first side, then turn over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes on the second side, until browned on both sides and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining two fillets.
- To make the ‘mayo’, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the rolls in half and lay a slice or two of tomato on the base of each roll. Top with the layer of lettuce leaves and place the chicken breasts on top of that. Finish by smothering the top of the chicken with a quarter of the lemon ‘mayo’ and replacing the top of the roll.
- Serve the burgers with the sweet potato wedges.
Calories and Macros (per serving):
Including ¼ of the chips and lemon ‘mayo’
Check out our book, Leaner, Fitter, Stronger, here!
Remember to post your meals on Instagram, and use the hashtag #LDNMuscle so we can see your lovely creations, repost some and spread the LDNM Community far and wide!