Liven up Xmas dinner and learn to love your veggies with our Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta recipe.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 1kg Brussels sprouts (trimmed)
- 200g pancetta (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 4 sprigs thyme
- ½ pomegranates seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the Brussels sprouts in half; Cook until barely tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook pancetta in a large heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring, until brown but not crisp, 3 to 6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain on a paper towel.
- Add oil to the pan and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft but not browned, reducing the heat if necessary, about 2 minutes. Stir in thyme sprigs, salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add the Brussels sprouts, and cook, tossing or stirring occasionally, until tender and warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Add the pancetta, lemon juice and pomegranate if using, and toss.
- Calories: 323
- Protein: 20g
- Carbs: 12g
- Fat: 20g