Try our delicious BBQ Ribs Recipe! This is perfect for entertaining, or when you fancy restaurant quality ribs without the restaurant price tag!
- Olive oil
- 2 x 800g racks pork loin back ribs
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150ml unsweetened apple juice
- 100ml white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 100ml of soy sauce
- 100g of soft brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Drizzle a little oil over the ribs, season with sea salt and black pepper and rub all over to coat.
- Make the marinade:
- Deseed and finely chop the chilli, peel and grate the ginger and garlic then place them all in a medium pan along with the apple juice, white wine vinegar, tomato ketchup, mustard, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Mix the ingredients together and place the pan over a medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Put the ribs in a large roasting pan, brush with the marinade and cover with foil.
- Cook in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the meat pulls away from the bone easily (Baste the ribs with the marinade after 30 minutes. After 1 hour of cooking time remove the foil, baste and cook, uncovered, for the final 15 minutes)
- Once your barbecue is hot, transfer the ribs to it. Cook over a medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the ribs to a board and cut them up. Serve with handfuls of rocket and watercress, if you like.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 491
- Protein: 36g
- Carbs: 10g
- Fat: 33g