You absolutely have to try (or convince someone to make!) our Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf!
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 800g ground pork
- 200g ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 50g bread crumbs
- 50ml milk
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Handful fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50ml ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon of chili sauce, or any hot sauce
- Preheat your oven to 180C degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients for the meatloaf together (except the bacon) and mix well with your hands. You can also saute the chopped onion and pepper first to soften it a bit, but it’s not necessary.
- Place the meat mixture in the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spatula. Cover with bacon slices, tucking in the bacon over the sides.
- In a small bowl whisk all the sauce ingredients together. Brush half the sauce over the meatloaf and bake in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Half way through, take the meatloaf out and brush the remaining sauce over it and continue baking.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes then cut into slices.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 379
- Protein: 33g
- Carbs: 14g
- Fat: 22g