I have said it time and time again, abs aren’t made out of crunching Monday to Friday. Abs requires separate attention and varying exercises, and obviously a great diet!
Introducing to you the ‘window wiper’ exercise, this exercise is pitched at the more experienced gym goer and carries with it a high difficulty rating!
- Brace yourself!
- Find a pull-up bar with adequate space each side
- Take an overhand grip on the bar (roughly shoulder width apart)
- Raise your legs into a vertical position and keep your body horizontal (almost in a ‘u’ shape.)
- Engage your core, keeping your shoulders facing forwards, move your legs through 90 degrees (either left or right) and hold for one second, before returning your legs to the middle starting point.
- Repeat to the opposite side.
- Perform this exercise to failure.
Words of caution, ensure you conduct this exercise slowly and in a controlled fashion. Do not manically swing your legs from side to side, the difficulty rests in controlling the movement and stabilising your body.
Enjoy the pain and don’t be surprised when countless other gym members are stood round staring at you and asking what on earth you are doing! Relish in the glory!
Be mindful that whilst creating abs requires you to isolate and train them (as you do with any muscle) to actually ensure they are visible you need to focus on training AND diet. Check out our infamous LDNM Cutting and Bikini Guides with their fully comprehensive diet and training plans. The results speak for themselves.
For full Abdominal Workouts check out our LDNM ABnoxious Ab Packs.